My life purpose is to spiritually and lovingly nurture and facilitate individuals so they consciously choose, create, communicate, and manifest their deepest self. My first love is working with people. I deeply carry my clients in my heart.
Hi, I’m Dr. Eleanor Haspel-Portner, a clinical psychologist (CA License Number: PSY5297) who specializes in individual, couples, family therapy, and hypnotherapy. I maintain a private practice in Pacific Palisades, California.
With over 40 years experience as clinical psychologist and as a graduate of the University of Chicago, I have a broad range of training and experiences from which to choose what best fits my clients needs. My expertise is:
- Individual & Relationship Therapy & Coaching
- Imago Relationship Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- Hypnotherapy for anxiety, sleep, and stress reduction
- Weight Management
In addition to being a prominent relationship therapist, I am a Co-Founder of the Los Angeles Erikson Institute, presenter of many workshops and professional presentations, and author of books: Marriage in Trouble: a time of decision, and numerous web publications . My therapeutic approach provides support, practical tools, and feedback that help clients effectively address personal life challenges. I integrate methodologies and techniques that offer a highly personalized approach that is tailored to each client. Working with compassion and understanding, I help each individual help build on their strengths so they attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
Because my work is a synthesis of many disciplines I help clients in practical, creative ways that bring light, love, and life where there was once only darkness. And, my clients generally rise to challenges and take risks leading them to places of greater peace, inner strength, and love.
My career and practice have been dedicated to one thing: the success of my clients in cutting through the layers faster and with expanded clarity. It’s about clients’ changing their life story, one conscious choice at a time.
- Licensed Clinical psychologist (CA License Number: PSY5297)
- LA Erickson Institute (Co-Founder)
- American Society for Clinical Hypnosis (ASCH Approved Consultant)
- American Psychological Association
- Certified Clean Communication Coach (Institue for Leadership Management)
- International Coach Federation
- Marriage In Trouble: A Time of Decision. Nelson -Hall. 1976. Chicago, Illinois.
- Sociocultural Factors in the Development of Guilt. University of Chicago, Dissertaion. 1971.